Being compact and versatile, a laptop is the best tool to run demanding applications at home, café or roadside. Without a doubt, tablets and phones are also capable to carry out tasks. Still, most of the users prefer laptops for typing research works, gaming or any other activities. Sometimes, it gets hard while choosing the appropriate laptop. In the end, only one question arises, which laptop you should get?
There is an extensive range of sizes, features, and prices of the laptop, apparently making a challenge to choose the right device. To clear up the confusion, you need to figure out your needs beforehand over the cash.
This guide will cut through the confusion with information of some laptops and sizes.
Select Operating System – Chrome, Mac or Windows OS
Selecting a laptop might become a challenge when you are unfamiliar with Macs or PCs. But there are some strengths and weaknesses of these devices which can help you out to make a wise decision.
- Chrome OS: It is inexpensive, simple and secure, but more limited than Windows or macOS. The Chrome OS user interface is mostly similar to Windows. It has an application menu and a desktop where you can drag windows freely. But the primary app that you will use is the Chrome browser. The downside of Chrome OS is that web apps do not work well while offline. Though, the developers are trying to make some changes with Google Pixel Book which can run Android apps.
- To surf the web, check emails and for any other online activities, Chrome books are portable and have great battery life. This inexpensive device is preferable since it has lower malware attack risks. A Chrome book with 1920×1080 resolution and at least 4GB of RAM and 16GB Storage are good. You can pay extra to get 2-in-1 to use Android apps.
- Apple’s macOS: The MacBooks come with the latest desktop operating system called macOS High Sierra. This OS gives similar functionalities to Windows 10. Still, the user interface has slight differences as compared to Windows OS. The AI assistant Siri is already installed in most of the systems to carry out the determined tasks for you. There is a good thing about systems from Apple that these devices are less likely to face slow performance.
- Windows OS: Windows OS is an extremely flexible operating system. This is the reason that many laptop manufacturers prefer the Windows operating system as compared to Chrome OS or Mac OS. Windows notebooks are available in various price ranges with an array of features from touch screens to fingerprint readers and dual graphics. Microsoft Windows has improvised its functionalities and enabled the users to switch between tablet and desktop mode. Microsoft also included Cortana, an AI assistant, and the ability to use follow-up questions with this digital assistant.
The Right Size for You:
Laptops can be a good performer but its portability is an important factor to consider. Different display sizes are also the fact of higher prices, so depending on that you can buy a relevant device.
- 11 to 12 inches: These laptops are extremely thin and light-weighted with 2.5 to 3.5 pounds.
- 13 to 14 inches: Not too big, not too small! This size of laptops balances usability and portability under 4 pounds of weight.
- 15 inches: This popular size weighs from 4.5 to 6.5 pounds. Consider this laptop if you are not planning to carry out the device and want a larger screen.
- 17 to 18 inches: if you keep your laptop on your desk only then this sized device is enough to provide processing power to play games and heavier activities.
Check Keyboards and Touchpad
If you have to do a great deal of work on a system, then ensure the keyboard or keypad functionality. Observe the distance of keys is not too spacious or not too contracted. Look for accurate touchpad which should not give a jumpy cursor and has consistency in its performance. For business purposes, there is nub between the “G” and “H” keys. It also works as cursor enabling you to continue to navigate without lifting your hands.
Know Integral Parts
The little information about integral parts of the device is helpful to make an appropriate choice.
- CPU: It is the major part of any computer or laptop device, which influences the performance of a system. But the requirement can let you determine the use and best laptop at an affordable price.
- Intel Core i5: The Intel Core i5 CPU is common but combines the best price and performance. The models ending with ‘U’ at the end is better than ‘Y’ since the latter consumes time and shows the worst performance.
- Intel Core i7: It is an up-gradation of an i5 core. The i7, ending with HQ or K, the processor allows faster gaming experience. Try to look for 8th generation Intel Core series for better performance.
- Intel Core i3: Stands just Core i5, but also performs well as compared to its price. But if you can move to Core i5, don’t hesitate.
- Intel Xeon: Very powerful and expensive processor designed for professional and heavy work. If you do 3d modeling or video or editing then Intel Xeon is what you should look for. The downside if this processor is that it does not have good battery life.
- RAM: Some laptops are coming 2GB of RAM but at least 4 GB of RAM is necessary. Expand a little much more and you will 8GB of RAM.
Along with size and weight, the durability of the battery is what more essential while traveling with a laptop. Smaller laptops usually have better battery life due to their light or less powerful processors and smaller screens. A 15-inch laptop can offer 5-7 hours of battery life, where a smaller sized system can give you a more enhanced battery.
Computer systems have SSD, which let the computer boot faster and quicker with responsiveness. But unlike computers systems, you cannot simply rely on SSD to stick on the cheap hard disk. The experts recommend a minimum of 120GB SSD to store some of the files. But, the personal laptop should have 500GB of storage to store Gigabytes of photos and music. Check out the hard disk drive with an SSD cache. These drives frequently stores used data enabling the system to speed up boot times of the programs.
These are some smarter ways of choosing an appropriate laptop. Before buying a laptop, a good survey is excessively needed to differentiate between the models and their performance. Keep these basic, simple but important tips in your mind, ask relevant questions to know to determine the right laptop for you.
Laptop Price in Delhi